62nd Bristol Scout Group is affiliated to Horfield Methodist Church, and located in the old North West Scout District of Bristol. We were formed in 1913 and celebrated our 100th anniversary in 2013. Around 2006/7 we merged with a neighbouring District to form the new Cabot District.
Our youngest members are 6 years old and stretch right up to 14 years of age. Our leaders are, of course, a little older!
We have a busy Group Executive committee which host many fundraisers throughout the year. All our main events are very well supported by the local community as well as parents and friends of the Group.
This is the fourth reinvention of our website since the year 2000. We hope this website will provide you with all the 62nd related information and excitement you could ever wish for!
At 62nd we have a Beaver colony, two Cub packs and two Scout Troops run by dedicated and enthusiastic leaders, all of whom are supported by our parent executive committee. Our sections meet as follows:
Monday: Seeonnee Cub Pack, 18:30-20:00
Tuesday: Beavers: 18:15-19:30
Wednesday: Wednesday Scouts. 19:30-21:00
Thursday: Banderlog Cub Pack, 18:30-20:00
Friday: Friday Scouts, 19:30-21:30
We are a busy and popular Group and demand for places across 62nd sections is very high. Please get in touch to discuss options for your child or visit Cabot Scouts Website for information regarding other local Scout Groups.
How To Find Us
1) Find the traffic lights at juntion of Kellaway Ave & Wellington Hill West, (along from Tesco Golden Hill & next to Horfield Parish Church).
2) Take the exit of Wellington Hill. (Church on your left, rectory on your right).
3) A field appears on the right, if you’re walking, then walk across the field, 62nd hut is at the bottom left hand corner.
4) If driving then take next road on the right (after church hall)
5) This is Church Rd, take the 2nd right (Hughenden Rd).
6) Take the 1st right, Rozel Rd. The Scout hut is at the top of this Road.
Sometimes photos and images of Scouts, Cubs and Beavers taking part in activities are submitted to local newspapers, the Group, Dictrict or County newsletters and websites (Scouting and non-Scouting) or put on display. If you have any objections, please indicate that you are not willing for your child’s image to be used in this way, by contacting your section leader at the earliest convenience.